Thursday, June 30, 2016

I GOT IN! (SCHOOL UPDATE)

After waiting for what seemed like ages, I was finally accepted into my Dream Law School! I received the notification a couple of weeks ago, but I haven't had a chance until now to tell you all about it.

If you did not read my previous update post, I was asked to interview with one of the admission directors last month (note: a post on that interview will be going up soon). Following the interview, I felt really good about where I stood with the school. And then a week later it happened:



Following my acceptance into the law program, I was asked to interview for a business program I applied to during the application process. Essentially, I want to mix my business background (I studied economics in undergrad and worked in accounting for the past five years) with law to create a career that will best use my skill set. I was originally considering getting my JD/MBA, but I was reluctant to adding an extra year of school. With this business certificate program offered at the school, I would be able to get the necessary business courses integrated seamlessly with my law program.

After I interviewed for this program, I did not have as much confidence that it went well. I admit, I was really nervous and it showed. Even so, I just recently found out that I was accepted into the program!

I cannot say enough how excited (and nervous) I am about this next chapter in my life that is about to begin. I will continue to take you all along with my on this journey!

-W

No comments:

Post a Comment