Monday, May 16, 2016

UPDATE!

So...It's been awhile. I've been swamped these past couple of weeks with work stuff and haven't been able to put any time into the blog. Anywho, this post will just be an update. As I have heard back from all schools in one manner or another, I officially have some idea of where I will be going to law school! 

Dream School - Top 5 Law School (Chicago)
2nd Choice - Top 15 Law School (D.C.)
3rd Choice - Top 25 Law School (D.C.)
4th Choice - Top 100 Law School (Boston)

Here's a breakdown of my current status with each school:

Dream School - Invited to Interview; application under review
2nd Choice - Preferred Waitlist: apparently they rank their waitlist, and I'm on the waitlist they pull from first if spots become available. They send an update about once a month.
3rd Choice - Waitlisted: no ranking; I actually haven't heard anything from the school since I was waitlisted, which is kind of annoying.
4th Choice - Accepted; deposited

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The anxiety I feel waiting to hear back from my top law school is literally killing me. I don't know what to do with myself. I spend all day at work periodically (ok...every hour :/) checking my email and the online status checker. I was invited to interview with a member of the Admission Committee this past Friday. I think it went pretty well. After the interview, my application was again placed under review.

Note: I'll be writing up a separate post about the Law School Interview as part of a new series: Getting In!. The blog series will hopefully give you some insight on the various parts of the law application process (i.e. LSAT, personal statement, etc.).

The real bummer about not knowing if I was accepted  to Dream School yet? My 4th Choice school's deadline for a seat deposit was April 15th, so I had to put down the deposit as a back up. There goes another $500 in the never-ending tally of money for Law School. I'll be sure to create of post on the wondrous amounts of money I have spent and will continue to spend over the course of the next year.

...and the wait continues.

-W

No comments:

Post a Comment